Got up early to arrive at the opening of the park at 9:30 am. I recommend buying the tickets the day before on the internet, it’s much easier.
Even if you are the first to enter the park, there can already be some people at the attractions, because those who live in Universal hotels can have access to some attractions 1 hour before the opening of the park.
One day is more than enough to visit the park (½ day seems too short to me)
The best attractions are in our opinion :
- VelociCoaster: the park’s newest “roller coaster”, which loops and accelerates like crazy in the middle of the Jurassic park setting.
- Skull island, reign of Kong : a 4d ride (with 3d glasses on the nose) in the universe of Kong, very funny
- Incredible Hulk Coaster : a ” roller coaster ” with a lot of looping. One of the most challenging. We came out a bit pale
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure : a lot of queue for a crazy ride, with a lot of surprises
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey: an attraction within the replica of Harry Potter’s castle. You embark on a 4D journey to live Harry’s adventures, including a famous quidditch game.
Attractions I wouldn’t recommend :
- Poseidon’s Fury: a very disappointing show, even if the monumental entrance is attractive
- Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges: you will literally come out soaked. Fun in the middle of summer if it’s a heat wave, a bit less otherwise.
Try to plan your sandwiches, lots of queues everywhere for the restaurants, and very poor quality
14-days family roadtrip in Florida
this article details one of our stages of a 14-day family roadtrip roadtrip in Florida